Thursday, November 18, 2010

{ Country Like Dining Room Sign }

I like hand painted country signs and have been wanting to make one for my dining room for some time now.
Unfortunately I don't have a very steady hand to paint nice letters and I was not able to find a stencil for the saying I wanted on my sign.

Thanks to my Cricut I was able to come up with a nice version of a country sign and it turned out looking great!


First I painted a blank of wood with acrylic paint. I used the colors Country Tan and then black for the borders. While the paint was drying I cut out the letters for my saying with my Cricut. I just used a textured black card stock instead of vinyl and Mod Podged the words onto the wood. After I was all done I gave the entire sign one more coat of Mod Podge to seal it all.


Thanx for having a looksee =)

No comments:

Post a Comment