Wednesday, October 6, 2010

{ Craft Room Furnishings }

Since my { CLOSET DOOR IDEA } inspired a whole room makeover and a much bigger cost for the project, there was no way I could afford a craft table, desk or shelving.

Yup, I had to come up with a new idea! { smirk }

We had some unfinished bottom kitchen cabinets we bought years ago for a kitchen project that was never realized in our previous house. Soooo, what if we took 2 of them, and my hubby would make a top for them and make them into a nice sized craft table?

I asked my better half and as always he said: "Sure, we can do that."

Isn't he just the best? =)

He painted the cabinets with his paint sprayer, then took a sheet of wood he sanded smooth, painted that as well and attached it on top of the cabinets and {Voila!} an 8' long craft table with tons of storage!

I love it!


While he was at it, hubby made me a desk from 2 more cabinets.

Check it out, isn't it great!?



Yup, he made it fit into the "closet nook"
Of course the tables are taller than a regular one, so i'm still looking for a nice comfy counter chair. The one you see in the picture above just won't do. Also, the room really needs some cutesy things all around, but I'm working on that as I go along. Right now I'm organizing some of my stuff.

Oh, and I'm still searching for drawer pulls and door handles for my tables.

No comments:

Post a Comment