Tuesday, October 5, 2010

{ My Craft Room }

This house has 4 bedrooms, so I picked one of the smaller ones in the back of the house to become my craft room. When we moved in, all my craft stuff was more or less just thrown in there and I had to dig around in boxes to find anything if I wanted to do one of my craft projects.


Finally a few weeks ago I have had enough and decided to at least paint the room and freshen it up a bit and then start organizing my stuff.

I moved all my things to the middle of the room and began painting the first wall.
While on a break I kept looking at the closet and thought if the door was removed and widened just a little the closet space would be a nice storage area. I would have to ask my husband if he could do that for me before I would get to the closet with my paint and brush. =)


I'm painting the room white. Almost half done!

When my husband came home from work that day I asked him about my closet idea and if he would do that for me. He said sure, no problem, whatever you want dear, it's your room.

I love that guy! =)

I thought it would not be a big deal to remove a door and get rid of the door frame and widen the opening a bit, RIGHT?

Oh boy was I wrong! What I figured to be a simple thing is not so when it comes to construction.
My husband did not tell me about all that was involved in taking that flippin door down.


Closet door and frame removed


The closet with new sheet rock , the room has been painted and at that point 
we're ripping out the carpet and padding.


My hubby said I needed a new window, so he installed one. With a windowsill!

New window trim, laminate floor and wall trim has been installed.

By the wall you see a refurbished old sewing table I had. I asked my husband to put a new top on and then I gave it a new coat of paint. I'm still looking for new drawer pulls for this cute little table. What I love best about this table is, that the drawers are really deep and have tons of room for keeping things

{ I like my new room! }

Isn't it neat how a small idea can turn into a complete room makeover? =)


No comments:

Post a Comment